Thursday, June 26, 2014

New England // The Island

So I have always had a fascination with New England. I have never been to any of the New England states, but I plan to some day save up enough and take a road trip and visit a plethora of little towns!


I recently read The Island by Elin Hilderbrand which is a novel about a mother and her daughters who vacation at their summer home located on Tuckernuck Island. The remote Tuckernuck is an island in the town of Nantucket, Massachusetts. 



The island is privately owned by summer residents and only about thirty-five houses have been built on Tuckernuck Island, which makes it even more vacation lust worthy. The island has no paved roads or public utilities. The electricity is from generators or solar panels and water comes from wells on the island. 



I can picture myself swimming the day away and enjoying a freshly cooked meal of crab and a bottle of Sancerre wine. That would be the life!

To me this seems like such an adventure. Unfortunately, to rent a house on Tuckernuck Island it will run you about $3,000 a week a the low end! So this may remain a dream until I make the big bucks (which may be never!). 

Until then, I will dream about a New England home, full of lobster rolls and fried clams of course! 

No comments:

Post a Comment