Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Jennifer's 60th // May 31, 2014

My beautiful mom turned sixty this month. I know, can you believe THIS woman is SIXTY??


And in our family, we do not take birthdays lightly. In fact this year for my 25th birthday, my parents "pigged" my yard through Flamingo-a-Friend. Think I am joking? Take a look!



This year was a special birthday for my mom. Sixty is a significant milestone! She had mentioned wanting a party but later played if off as though it was no big deal. But I REALLY knew she wanted a party, so I began to plan. 


With the help of Erin and Kristin (my twin sister and sister-in-law), we did what we do best -- PLAN!

The first steps were easy. Ordering the invitations and addressing them to the 150 or so guests who were to be invited. That was checked off the list pretty early thanks to the great ladies at Smith's Variety! They have the best invitations and can have them to you within 2 days! You seriously cannot beat that! 

My gorgeous Aunts and Mom
Our friend Kevin who helps with ALL our party planning. Such a trooper! 
The forever 10 year old cousin Robert. He is in fact 19 years old, but we won't admit it!
Next was to schedule the band. We decided to go with II Da Maxx, who played at my brother's wedding. We wanted a old school band who knew how to get this church going crowd to let loose and dance! We were lucky enough to use the same dance floor built for my brother's wedding and boy did we dance! Alabama heat does not play around though and of course the party fell on a hot and humid May evening. That did not stop my mom and her best friends from busting a few moves! 




Being a southern family, we love BBQ, hamburgers, and hot dogs. And that is exactly what we had catered thanks to Full Moon BBQ! We had them set up a baked potato bar which was a HUGE hit! 

A birthday party is not a real party without a cake. Finding a nice cake to serve this many people may seem difficult, but I knew where to look. Working in the wedding industry, I knew that none other than Olexa's Bakery was where to turn. They did not disappoint. And it tasted DELICIOUS! We may or may not have feasted off this cake for a few days after the party! 



In my opinion, the biggest hit at the party was the Cool Shots Photo Lounge which was generously supplied by my employer at Feel the Beat Entertainment. I think the party started to get a little wild when the photo booth broke out. There had been plenty of time to drink and enjoy the beer from Cahaba Brewery! Drinking and photo booth props made for every interesting and hilarious pictures! 




Here are just a few to show you the madness of the photo booth!





More pictures to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment