Monday, June 16, 2014

Minecraft // Charlie's 6th Birthday

I have a passion for party planning and earlier this month my nephew, Charlie, turned six. I knew I would be planning this little shindig, so I began to ask Charlie what his little heart desired for his big day. I was expecting Avengers or something superhero themed. So when my sweet nephew told me he wanted a Minecraft party, I was thrown for a loop.

What the heck is Minecraft?!

I felt so old not knowing what the "in" games for kids are these days. So I researched and found that Minecraft is a block building game where kids can design anything and live off the "land" and fight creatures. Sounded right up Charlie's alley. 

That next afternoon I began searching all the party stores around Birmingham. Nothing! I was starting to get discouraged. I then turned to my trusty ole Pinterest and found that most Minecraft parties are DIY. My FAVORITE! So I got to work!

With the help of my parents, twin sister, sister-in-law, and our sweet friend, we began to build the perfect Minecraft party. 

And I do mean BUILD!

We dumpster dove...I mean collected boxes for weeks to construct life size Minecraft figurines. We may or may not have killed a few brain cells while spray painting these suckers. 


We had such a wonderful time planning this party. From the cardboard box Creepers to the balloon dart game! I hope you find some inspiration in our DIY Minecraft party!













Until next time
-H

No comments:

Post a Comment