Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween 2014 // Black Widow and Bob Ross oh my!

For all those who know me, know I absolutely love Halloween. I can't get enough of it. Erin and I begin to decorate for Halloween on Oct 1st and the scarier the better. We pretty much buy all the Halloween decorations we can without making the house look tacky, but sometimes it looks like Halloween threw up on our front porch! We love it!

 

Every year, we host a Halloween party. This year was no exception. The guests are required to dress up and bring a treat for the party. We had so much yummy food this year. From mummy hot dogs to boiled peanuts and kitty litter cake to jello shots! I am so grateful that most of my friends love getting into the Halloween spirit as much as Erin and I do. 

 

The day before Halloween myself, my mom, and Erin begin to really deck out the inside of the house for the big bash. We dangle bats from the ceiling, set up a Freddy Krueger in the bathroom, dust the house in cob webs, and set multiple strobe lights around the house. Like I said, we go all out. We even have a fake cemetery set up in the front of the house adorned with fake grave stones. 

 
 
 
 As the trick-or-treaters rolled in on Halloween, they began to tell us we had the best and scariest house on the block. Mission accomplished! Erin and I were so proud. Plus we were excited to have a few dozen trick-or-treaters as opposed to our two last year. 

We had a great group show up for the party! New friends and old friends alike! My brother and sister-in-law brought the twins who were dressed as strawberries! How adorable! My parents came for a bit and showed up with the best costumes - Lucy and Desi Arnaz! I love my family! 

 
  
 
  
  
  
  
 

The night was so much fun and I truly can't wait for next year!

November 2nd, we celebrated Dia de los Muertos! For the past 12 years, Birmingham has held an amazing festival downtown. I had never been, so we decided to dress the part and join the celebration! I was so excited to paint my face and participate in the festivities. The face painting was A LOT harder than expected, but I think our skeleton faces turned out awesome. Despite the COLD COLD weather, we had an amazing time. We enjoyed tamales and tacos from the food trucks and listening to the jazz parade. If you have never attended Dia de los Muertos of Alabama, you should! It was a great experience, and I will definitely be going back next year!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Hope you all had a fun and safe Halloween!

Until next time!

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment